Rich,decadent chocolate brownie cookies with real chocolate will melt in your mouth
What if you took a chocolate brownie and a chocolate cookie and combined them into one decadent treat? Then you will have the ultimate chocolate brownie cookie. Now you don’t have to choose between a brownie and a cookie…you can have both in one!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Place butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl (I used semi-sweet chocolate but you can also use a darker chocolate such as 70% dark). Set the microwave at 50% power and cook for 30-second increments, stirring often. Keep repeating until the chocolate is melted and stir until it is silky smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar for 5-6 minutes, until light and fluffy. This will make the mixture extra creamy and whip air into the cookie batter.
- Pour in melted chocolate-butter mixture and mix for 1-2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl. Add cocoa powder and dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Don’t overmix as it will produce too much gluten in the flour and create a tougher cookie.
- Stir in chocolate chips. If you want the chocolate to melt a little more into the cookies, reach for a chocolate bar and roughly chop it into pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, drop cookie dough onto parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheets. The cookies will spread so make sure to give space between cookies.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or just until cookies begin to set and the tops start to crinkle. Sprinkle with sea salt, if so desired. Best eaten the day of baking.
HAPPY BAKING !