Masala dosa is a famous South Indian food . It is made from Onion, Potatoes, Curry Leaves ,Moong dal and served with chutney and sambar. Though it was a South Indian food , it can be found all part of the country and overseas.
- Potatoes (medium sized) 3-4 nos
- Onion (sliced) 1 nos
- Green Chilies (sliced) 1-2 nos
- Curry Leaves 1 spring
- Coriander Leaves 1 spring
- Moong Dal 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder
- Asafoetida 1 pinch
- Tomato and Green Peas to Taste 1-2 cups
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and cook in a pressure cooker/ boil in a covered pan with adequate water till it is boiled.When it cools down ,peel and mash well.
- Pour oil in a frying pan and splutter mustard seeds . Now add moong dal and cashew nuts , Also add the sliced onion and green chillies.
- Keep it Till the onion turns golden brown , Now add turmeric power and asafoetida and mix it well.
- When done add the mashed potatoes and stir well. if you are using green peas add a spoonful of frozen or fresh ones now. Cover and cook for few minutes after adding salt to taste.
- When the mix reaches the right consistency, turn off the heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Make thin dosa , Stuff the potato masala in the middle , roll it and serve hot with sambar and chutney.
Happy Baking !